Sunday 15 February 2009

New Beds

Paul has built us some new beds from an old pallet. It is actually starting to look like a proper allotment now. We need more wood now so like a tramp I will be scouring the local skips.
Hurrah the mammoth rhubarb plant seems to have survived. There are a few shoots about to uncurl so it mustn't have been too upset with my rough treatment of it. Crumble here we come! The fork has snapped again now and given up. It is working its way towards just becoming a stick.
I planted my garlic and put on some of the organic fertiliser that I got over the web. It was eye wateringly strong so it has got to do some good. I dug some into the onion and garlic patch and sprinkled some on top of the soil where the salad is set to go. These are the only beds ready for planting at the moment.
The children did some digging on their patch ready to make a little pond.

2 comments:

  1. Your raised beds brings back a lot of memories of our beds years ago. Nice photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Abe. I had a look at your blogs and the great wildlife photos you've got on there. Particularly like the one where you can see the birds breath. Sue

    ReplyDelete