Friday 16 January 2009

Moving Slowly

I have moved over a couple of our purple sprouting broccoli plants. The lady in charge of the allotment told me not to because they were too big. I couldn't resist moving just a couple to see what happens. Shhhh don't tell her she will never know. It seems a shame to leave all of them for the next people who take over our old plot.

I needed to move our netting to the new plot so I imagine those that were left will be attacked by pigeons anyway. If they don't survive it makes the new plot seem more like our own now that we have got some of our own plants in there.
The last couple of times I have been to the allotment it has been really quiet. There is a reason for that. It is pretty dull, cold and rainy at the moment. I was the only person there today and it was really peaceful.
I moved over our stawberry plants to the new plot today. They did well for us last year even though they only cost a couple of pounds from the supermarket. Hopefully the move won't kill them off. The children enjoyed picking and eating them when they were ripe. Not many of them made it home.




No comments:

Post a Comment