Friday 16 April 2010

lotta broccoli

Here is the entire broccoli harvest. It was enough to feed two children one meal. It was worth growing for a year. I did rubbish with all the brassicas this year. I am going to take care of my little seedlings better this year and there will be muchos broccoli next year, oh yes there will be.
The asparagus has survived the winter. Not sure if I need to protect them from the slugs and birds though. It is only their second year this year so we will have to wait a bit before we can eat any. Don't want those filthy slugs ruining all my efforts. Have planted out some lettuce, spring onions, radish, beetroot and perpetual spinach under a cloche. A good day at the allotment with no dead animals to find and no fellow allotmenteers arguing with their spouses. Just nice sunshine and wonderful silence.

2 comments:

  1. Well that's more broccoli than I managed this year and my asparagus didn't survive the winter! Whilst I'm not sure if I'm going to try again with asparagus, I'm definitely going to be trying harder with the PSP - last year we had loads and it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is really nice. Ours was good last year too, although not everyone in our house likes it so some people were pleased with my failure. Next year though....

    ReplyDelete